Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Goings On...

I know that we've been AWOL for quite sometime but November was a little bit of a rough month for us in the Mazurek household. There was quite a bit of sickness and though we are over those rough patches it seems Little Miss is coming down with yet another cold.

For all 10 or so of you who follow our blog ;) you may remember right around this time last year when we first started talking about ear tubes. Well, said tubes have fallen out and there is already fluid build up. I had her at the doctor on a Friday when they told us the right tube had fallen out (not really a surprise there as the ENT had told us in October that it was on it's way out) but that the left looked good. "Good," I said, "the left ear was always the problem child." So feeling confident we were still in the ear infection free zone we left armed with a plan to deal with the stomach issues Mar was having. Then, come the following Monday morning the kid's cold had gone from bad to sinus infection/possibly a touch of bronchitis so I brought her back. Would you believe that over the 2 day weekend the left tube fell out as well??!! And, she had fluid build up already. TWO days people, two days. So, we left that day with a dose of antibiotics and with ears that they "weren't calling infected" but that didn't look good. Anyhow, the antibiotics seemed to do the trick on all of that but between the stomach issues she was having prior to the sinus infection, my being sick and Brett catching it, November was not a very healthy month in our house.

AND, to top it all off, it's snowing here in the Roanoke Valley and if any of y'all know me at all you know I'm not a fan. It's a little early don't you think? It's just the beginning of December for goodness sakes.

Okay, enough complaining (although it really wasn't so much complaining as an explanation as to where we've been). Here's what you really want to see...a video of Marley saying her animal sounds (I forgot chicken) and "singing" Twinkle Twinkle. Working those intraverbals...

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving with my family here in Roanoke and Fancy, Aunt Sarah and I continued our tradition of Black Friday shopping madness, though it just wasn't quite the same without GC.

And, in other news...








...NO, I'm not pregnant, far from it actually, jeez people...

But, I did take the plunge and register for my first class towards becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). I beginning to think it's my goal in life to see how many letters I can get after my name...Thanks to all who have supported me in starting this endeavor!
XOXOXO

I'll try not to be so blog challenged...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily said...

Finally! I have been meaning to call you but life happened and I haven't had a chance! Hope you are doing well after last week and I hope you guys stay healthy in December and keep all of that snow away from TX this year!

Love the video! She is growing up too fast (as they all are)! And I she definitely taught her Auntie Em something...I didn't know a monster was an animal! ;)

So excited for you to start your BCBA classes! YAY! MIss you guys and love you!